Founded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Arc’Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor’s world headquarters is located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world’s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold’s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a mission to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry, Precor manufactures and sells high-end fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment.
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
About this role: The Shipper / Receiver is responsible for receiving and storing parts in the warehouse and accurately packaging and shipping parts to customers in an efficient and timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
Regular working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with the possibility of mandatory overtime.Areas of responsibility include pulling, boxing, and shipping parts, and area maintenance.
You will be responsible for: This position reports to the Logistics Manager. Position involves interaction with customer service phone reps to receive orders for shipping, and other customer service staff as needed.
• High level of accuracy when identifying and pulling correct parts, to meet or exceed customer's expectations.
• Responsible for understanding Precor's Safety Policy and for practicing safe work habits on the job. Attends regularly scheduled department safety meetings.
• Opens containers and unpacks and examines incoming shipments
• Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
• Rejects damaged items and shortages, and stores rejected items in the designated area
• Records amounts of parts received or distributed.
• Labels incoming orders with part number, quantity and a description of the part
• Routes items to various departments and buildings.
• Schedules the pick up of materials with other departments and buildings
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins in predetermined locations.
• Receives part orders and verifies correct information per order.
• Uses computer system to locate and pull correct parts.
• Picks customer orders from stock
• Conveys orders to packing station using powered industrial trucks (forklifts, scissor lifts, reach lifts or vacuum lift) or hand truck or pallet jack
To be successful in this role, you will have:
Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum one year shipping experience
• Other manufacturing experience helpful
• Read, write and speak simple English as appropriate in a manufacturing environment
• Read and understand written instructions, shipping orders, department paperwork, safety
warning labels and placards
• Verbally communicate with manager, leads and co-workers regarding department procedures and safety related information
• Listen to others and appropriately act on information provided
• Work with specific instructions (either written, verbal, physically demonstrated or diagrammed).
• Perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations.
• Accurately count parts, pick orders, pack required parts and ship parts
• Safely and effectively operate powered industrial trucks (forklift, scissor lift and reach lift)
• Safely and effectively operate department tools including but not limited to: paper-packaging dispenser machine, tape dispenser, electronic scale, pneumatic staple gun, various carts (hand truck and pallet jack), computer, keyboard and mouse.
• Recognize and correct errors according to training
• Perform repetitive or short-cycle work
• Use a computer to enter information and print shipping orders
• Prioritize work tasks according to department requirements
• Work effectively under pressure or deadlines
• Work effectively in an team environment
• Work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Act in a courteous and professional manner at all times
Work is performed indoors in a heated modern factory space. Ambient working temperature may range from 50 F – 90 F, depending on season. Work area is clean and free from wet, slippery conditions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
DISABILITY ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATION: If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: email@example.com or call 425.486.9292 or 800.786.8404.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.